Ready Mix Truck Drivers Needed in Redfield, South Dakota
posted 1 day ago
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Drives truck equipped with a concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites.
1) Pre-trip inspection of ready-mix truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations. Pre-trip inspection includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driver operated controls for loading and unloading ready-mix.
2) Fills water tank before each delivery by placing rubber hose into water tank and filling after checking that all valves are shut.
3) Upon receiving delivery ticket, driver pulls truck under or backs truck under plant (depending on plant configuration) and charges mixer to receive concrete, making sure to take any admixtures or other ancillary products that are on ticket.
4) Uses map book and experience and takes most direct route to job site to ensure on time delivery.
5) Safely drives truck to jobsite and arrives with the desired slump within customer or job specifications.
6) Upon arriving on jobsite, the driver must be able to safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions. Safe observations of customer's equipment and conditions.
7) Driver will add necessary ingredients such as fibers, chemical admixtures, cements, or integral colors at plant or jobsite, as well as other products.
8) Pursuant to customer needs, driver will place chutes from fender or hanging rack onto the main chute at the rear of truck for discharge. Upon completion of discharge, driver will wash the chutes and put back in appropriate location on truck.
9) Prior to leaving jobsite, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of moneys if necessary.
10) Upon completion of each shift, driver will wash truck with hose and brush, including the use of acidic solution when necessary.
11) Communicates with dispatch through the use of a two-way radio and the use of a truck status signaling system.
12) At the end of the shift, all paperwork must be completed and turned in.
13) Ready-mix driver is responsible to call callout each day for start time.
14) Each driver is expected to perform a post-trip inspection of truck pursuant to DOT regulations.
15) Performs other duties assigned by supervisor / management.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
- Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
- Frequently bending
- Frequently climbing
- Frequently reaching
- Lifting 100lbs. occasionally
- Lifting 50lbs. frequently
- Occasionally kneeling
- Physical Demand: Heavy
- WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
- WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
- WC: Heights
- WC: Mechanical hazards
- WC: Noise
- WC: Wet & humid
- WC: Vibration
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.
- High School
1) High school diploma (minimum); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Ability to pass Federal Department of Transportation drug screen and physical.
3) Maintain driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations, and meet company policy requirements.
4) Must be able to take orders, instruction and guidance from management and supervisors.
5) Ability to handle cash and make change as well as perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
6) Ability to deal with customers and other employees in a diplomatic manner, in a variety of stressful situations.
7) Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
8) Must safely operate truck and perform tasks that are congruent with company policy, and within state and federal laws.
9) Maintain Department of Transportation Health cond.